WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Develop advanced proficiency in performing comprehensive MSK ultrasound exams of the ankle and foot region.
- Learn how to identify and differentiate normal anatomy from common MSK pathologies in the ankle and foot.
- Understand the role of ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of ankle and foot injuries and conditions.
- Apply advanced MSK ultrasound techniques and interpretation skills to develop accurate diagnoses and treatment plans for patients.
01 July '24 €995.00REGISTER NOW
1043 EJ Amsterdam
- 2 days hands-on boot camp course.
- 3:1 participant to ultrasound ratio
- 6-months eLearning access
- Expert faculty
- Close to city centre & airport
Why should you follow this hands-on course?
Ankle and foot problems are super common and can have a major impact on someone's daily life. Advanced diagnostic ultrasound allows for quick and accurate identification of the problem, guiding appropriate treatment and improving patient outcomes. Ultrasound is a valuable alternative to MRI imaging, providing high resolution images in real time, without the need for ionizing radiation. By mastering advanced MSK ultrasound knowledge and skills, healthcare professionals can provide better patient care and build a thriving business. And what's more, attending a course like SonoSkills in beautiful Amsterdam is a great way to meet international peers and have some fun while learning.
What exactly is the included eLearning?
This course is blended, meaning a combination of online and onsite learning. Blended learning is an additional element to classroom teaching and one which supports existing teaching practices. It combines many of the best elements of face-to-face teaching (personalized learning and social interaction) while allowing greater variety and flexibility than a traditional classroom setup, responding to the needs of the modern learner. Over 100 videos, totaling to over 12 hours of content are available to you on-demand before, during, and after the course for 6 months. A €475 value included in your registration!
What is the boot camp about?
This comprehensive 2-day course is for a great part hands-on and under the close supervision of expert Robert Wonink. You will practice and learn:
- Regions or details never touched on a foundational level, i.e. Talar trochlear cartilage, Anterior superior and inferior talofibular ligament, Subtalar joint the four evaluation sites, Laciniate ligament, Sustentaculum tali, Accessory navicular, Tibiospring ligament, Superomedial spring ligament, Tibial nerve plantar medial and lateral branch, Peroneus longus tendon-insertion, Sural nerve, Talar groove of the flexor hallucis tendon, Retrotalar pulley, Posterior recesses of the subtalar and talocrural joint, Deep peroneal nerve over the dorsal foot, Sesamoidocapital complex of the first metatarsophalangeal joint, Flexor tendon sheaths, Common and Proper digital nerve.
- Many new details about structures discussed on the foundational level.
Who can participate in the boot camp
Any MSK healthcare professional with a particular interest in the foot and ankle. Think of podiatrists, radiologists, radiology technicians, sports medicine physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, physiatrists, physiotherapists, etc.
Having followed a foundational MSK ultrasound course of the ankle is a hard prerequisite. It is necessary that you completed a foundational MSK ultrasound course prior to attending this course to maximize the learning of important concepts. If you can't meet the prerequisite we can help you with getting trained hands-on, on a foundational level. We recommend following the SonoSkills foundational MSK ultrasound boot camp of all extremity joints > you can choose to be trained in both extremities or only one extremity.
Where is the boot camp being held?
We extend a warm welcome to you in Amsterdam, the capital of our nation. Amsterdam is a unique city that blends history, culture, and modernity effortlessly. The city is renowned for its picturesque canals, world-famous museums, and bustling nightlife, ensuring that there's always something to do or see. Whether you choose to visit the Rijksmuseum or cycle around the city, Amsterdam has something for everyone. It's an ideal destination, whether you're planning a romantic getaway, an action-packed adventure, or simply some downtime to unwind.
After completion you'll receive a SonoSkills Certificate of Attendance and proof of your CME points.
Interested in alternative training options?
If this course is too focused for you, and you wish to be trained in the other extremity joints on an advanced level as well, then we have the perfect solution! Check out the SonoSkills Advanced MSK Ultrasound Bootcamp of all extremity joints.
Or meet your international peers in the hands-on ultrasound-guided injections course, in which you will be injecting all extremity joints (including ankle and foot) on cadveric bodies.