Advanced MSK Ultrasound of the Ankle Joint
This comprehensive 3-part series on ankle ultrasound will deepen your ultrasound knowledge of the ankle region. Each session, we will refresh and update your (sono)anatomy skills and discuss interesting ankle pathology cases.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Peritalar anatomy of structures involved in ankle pain
- ultrasound staging tendinopathy & report writing
- Transducer positions for dynamic evaluation of posterior ankle impingement
- Scanning techniques for ligamentous structures involved in ankle impingement
- Pathology recognition of several ankle pathologies in and around the ankle
- Prognosis and research in ankle complaints
Schedule & TopicsPart 1: Posterior ankle impingement
Posterior ankle impingement; what are the causes, and what is the treatment
Ultrasound Cases; osseous, ligamental and myelogenous impingement
Part 2: Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome; how pathophysiology helps your clinical reasoning
The role of the Spring Ligament Complex, and os sustentaculum tali variations
Part 3: Tendinopathy
Tendinopathy; what does a normal tendon look like? What ultrasound findings truly have a clinical impact? And how to treat the tendon?
Staging tendinopathy, new protocol.