WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- analysis of normal pelvic floor anatomy and function,
- anatomical appearance of abdominal muscles,
- abdominal wall muscle function evaluation using US,
- analysis and measurement of the pelvic floor contraction using transabdominal and transperineal US,
- analysis of the pelvic stability,
- US assessment of prolapses,
- urethrovesical angle US assessment,
- anorectal angle assessment,
- appearance of pelvic structures after injury,
- use of US as a biofeedback tool
Ultrasound of the pelvic floor and abdominal region is clinically relevant as pelvic floor problems are common and can greatly affect quality of life. Pelvic floor ultrasound can accurately assess pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, and fecal incontinence, allowing for targeted therapy and monitoring. For physiotherapists, it provides a non-invasive and patient-friendly way to visualize the pelvic floor muscles and identify dysfunction. Learning pelvic floor ultrasound can enhance a professional's skill set, improve patient outcomes, and potentially increase their business. Plus, it's a fascinating and fun field to explore!
After completion you'll receive a SonoSkills Certificate of Attendance and proof of your CME points.
Interested in an alternative training option?
If you wish to learn scanning the upper and lower extremity joints, we suggest following the SonoSkills online foundational MSK ultrasound course , or our hands-on foundational MSK ultrasound course.