Writing a MSK Ultrasound Report: Help Your Patient, Your Referrer and Yourself
One of the principal measures of service delivery in ultrasound imaging is the production of ultrasound reports. These should highlight the clinical importance of ultrasound findings and answer clinical questions. This course aims to emphasize the importance of the ultrasound report and provide suggestions on style and content as well as pitfalls to avoid. We’ll cover some mandatory components to create an accurate, concise and pertinent, conveying the correct message to the referrer.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Explaining the anatomy of a good and correct ultrasound report.
- Emphasizing the importance of an ultrasound report.
- Understanding the medico-legal reasons to create a good ultrasound report.
- Seeing the benefit of a good ultrasound report for you, the referrer and patient.
- Explaining the importance of standardization, classification, language, terminology.
- Presenting some pearls, pitfalls and best practices by showing some (in)correct examples.
- Highlighting the (dis)advantages of dictated and typed ultrasound reports.