This 90-minute online SonoClass will teach you several causes of subacromial pain. We will discuss the anatomy, the biomechanics, and pathophysiology. This online lecture will make you a better sonographer as you will learn the sonoanatomy, technical scanning details and sonopathology. Furthermore, we will discuss the relevance and technique of diagnostic ultrasound and explain how to perform ultrasound-guided injections.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Discovering the topographic anatomy of the subacromial region: discussing origins, insertions and the physical relationships between tissues.
- Understanding the biomechanics of several interconnected structures.
- Learning some common pathologies, injuries and pathophysiologic mechanisms in this region.
- Understanding the sonoanatomical appearance of this whole subacromial region and passing structures.
- Learning how to scan the most clinical relevant subacromial tissues correctly by using the SonoSkills Quality Checklist and thus creating great images.
- Learning how to analyze subacromial pathology images in a structured and step by step approach by using the SonoSkills pathology checklist.
- Understanding the value of realtime functional ultrasound guided examination.
- Seeing a variety of pathology cases in this subacromial region i.e. impingement, SASD bursitis, supraspinatus tendinopathy and tearing, migration of the humeral head, etc.
- Learning how to perform the most common ultrasound guided injection techniques to target the SASD bursa.
Diagnostic and Interventional MSK Ultrasound Of Subacromial Pain Syndrome
1 month access