WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Brush up your knowledge of normal sono-anatomy, variants and related pathology;
- Improve your scanning techniques to perform confident ultrasound exams on an intermediate or advanced level of the shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, ankle and foot;
- Achieve better diagnostic/treatment accuracy;
- Multiply your list of treatment options and patient management strategies.
1043 EJ Amsterdam
Course ContentJacobson's Ultrasound Training course is organized for maximum learning value. It consists of 24 concise didactic lectures on MSK-ultrasound.
With his clear step-by-step approach, Jon clarifies the proper and clinical applications of MSK-ultrasound.
The focus of the JUST-course is on:
- Essential anatomy and pathology that explains the normal and abnormal ultrasound image findings;
- Practical techniques to incorporate MSK-ultrasound into clinical practice with confidence and skills;
- Essential ultrasound Pearls and Pitfalls;
- Tips and Tricks with impact.
- MSK-ultrasound Interventions Techniques;
- What Imaging to use, When, Why and Where;
- Correlation of Ultrasound with MRI;
- Ultrasound of peripheral nerves.
Keynote Lecture July 1stJon Jacobson & Carlo Martinoli will lecture together on: 'Ultrasound of the Tendons and Nerves of the Foot'
Hands-on WorkshopsThe 5 Hands-on Workshops will review relevant aspects of upper and lower extremity ultrasound critical for clinical application.
An Intermediate & Advanced Hands-on Workshop track will be available. Each track offering personalized hands-on training tailored to the skill level and experience of the participant.
Intermediate Hands-on Workshop is suggested for those who have attended some MSK-ultrasound courses and have some clinical experience.
We expect that you have a basic understanding of normal sono-anatomy and MSK-US scan techniques.
The intermediate Hands-on Workshop is very suited for those who are interested in further advancing their scanning skills on tendons, ligaments and joints.
Advanced Hands-on Workshop is appropriate for those with more practical and clinical experience in MSK-Ultrasound.
Sign up for the Advanced Hands-on Workshops if you want to be challenged and develop skills with more challenging structures, esp. nerves in their surroundings.
Six participants per group. Each group has two ultrasound machines and one tutor. Every individual participant will have sufficient time with his hand on the probe.