Ultrasound and intervention of cervical and thoracic spine
In this three-part series, we will discuss ultrasound of the cervical and thoracic spine and how to perform minimally invasive procedures for different pathologies. We will refresh and update your (sono)anatomy skills and discuss interesting pathology cases.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Cervical and thoracic spine anatomy
- Cervical and thoracic spine sonoanatomy
- Transducer positions to scan static and dynamic tissues
- Pathology recognition of the Cervical and thoracic spine pathologies
- How to perform interventional ultrasound-guided procedures in the Cervical and thoracic spine
Schedule & TopicsPart 1
Anatomy and sonoanatomy of spinous process, cervical facets, transverse process, trapezius evaluation, elevator scapula tendon, multifidus and how to perform injections on facets and neuroforamen.
Anatomy and sonoanatomy of brachial plexus and peripheral nerves.
Anatomy and sonoanatomy of spinous process, thoracic facets, multifidus evaluation and thoracolumbar fascia.
Demonstration on how to perform injections on thoracic facets.