Webinar: Advanced MSK Ultrasound of the Ankle Joint
This comprehensive 3-part series on ankle ultrasound will deepen your ultrasound knowledge of the ankle region. Each session, we will refresh and update your (sono)anatomy skills and discuss interesting ankle pathology cases.
- Peritalar anatomy of structures involved in ankle pain
- ultrasound staging tendinopathy & report writing
- Transducer positions for dynamic evaluation of posterior ankle impingement
- Scanning techniques for ligamentous structures involved in ankle impingement
- Pathology recognition of several ankle pathologies in and around the ankle
- Prognosis and research in ankle complaints
Schedule & TopicsPart 1: Posterior ankle impingement
Posterior ankle impingement; what are the causes, and what is the treatment
Ultrasound Cases; osseous, ligamental and myelogenous impingement
Part 2: Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome; how pathophysiology helps your clinical reasoning
The role of the Spring Ligament Complex, and os sustentaculum tali variations
Part 3: Tendinopathy
Tendinopathy; what does a normal tendon look like? What ultrasound findings truly have a clinical impact? And how to treat the tendon?
Staging tendinopathy, new protocol.