Trochantor Pain in MSK Ultrasound: Performing Diagnostic And Interventional Patient Care
This 90-minute online SonoClass will teach you several causes of trochanter pain. We will discuss the anatomy, the biomechanics, and pathophysiology. This online lecture will make you a better sonographer as you will learn the sonoanatomy, technical scanning details and sonopathology. Furthermore, we will discuss the relevance and approach of diagnostic ultrasound and compare ultrasound guided injections with landmark based injections.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Discovering the topographic anatomy of the trochanter region: discussing origins and insertions.
- Understanding the biomechanics of several interconnected structures.
- Learning some common pathologies, injuries and pathophysiologic mechanisms in this region.
- Understanding the sonoanatomical appearance of this whole trochanter region.
- Learning how to scan the most clinical relevant trochanter tissues correctly by using the SonoSkills Quality Checklist and thus creating great images.
- Learning how to analyze trochanteric pathology images in a structured and step-by-step approach by using the SonoSkills pathology checklist.
- Seeing a variety of pathology cases in this trochanter region i.e. gluteal tendon problems, muscle tearing, trochanteric bursitis, snapping hip, etc.
- Learning how to perform the most common ultrasound-guided injection techniques to target the trochanteric bursa and gluteal tendons.